We are a collective of people who are passionate about two things: the web, and helping people. We share a love of tech, design, and business, and a gung-ho urge to zag when everyone else zigs. All of us care deeply about our work and our partners in that work. This gutsy, authentic approach makes us a great fit for eCommerce retailers throughout the country.
Gauge has grown steadily since 2007, and we're launching into a new phase of growth. We take the long-term view, both in-house and with our clients, so we need someone organized, proactive, and adventurous. If you daydream about what it could look like to build a web company that team members and clients want to partner with for decades, we would love to talk with you. We hope you are ready to be a major part of building the culture and creative process here at Gauge.
We are based in a modern office in sunny Savannah, GA, but we have remote team members up and down the East Coast. This position is open to both on-site and remote candidates.
Gauge is a special place, thanks to the dedicated, ambitious, down-to-earth, and geeky people who make up our team. All of us truly invest in the clients and team members we work with. Whether we’re in the office launching a new site or heading to Forsyth park to play some soccer, each day holds some fun. We want people who share our passion for creativity, business, and technology.
Our clients are people with dreams, families, and most of all, stories. Many have built their businesses from nothing. They are the salt of the earth and they come from many different industries. We have the pleasure of helping them tell their stories in a powerful, compelling way. If we do our job right, they’ll get to hire more people, help more of their customers, and put their kids through college.
We don’t forget that there are people behind the email addresses we see everyday. They are motivated, interesting, and trusting, and we have built friendships as we’ve done business over the years. These long-term relationships and creative partnerships add up to make our job incredibly rewarding.
As a Marketing Associate, your role is to help our Marketing team grow the Gauge brand. What sets Gauge apart from our competition is our focus on relationships. We can’t create transformation with our clients without first building trust. That mindset permeates every level at Gauge; it dictates both what we do and how we do it. We think that’s pretty awesome, and it’s super important to understand for this role. We need a Marketing Associate who gets pumped about that idea and has the skill set needed to help us spread the word.
In this position, you’ll work closely with our Marketing & Creative Teams to plan and execute marketing and advertising projects. You’ll report to our Marketing & Partnerships Director. Your daily tasks will cover a lot of ground, from analyzing market data to planning promotional events, from content strategy to recordkeeping. You’ll need a solid foundation in digital marketing and stellar plate-spinning skills. In a nutshell, you’ll be the oil that keeps our Marketing team running smoothly.
This position will start as a part-time role, approx. 20 hours a week. Shift times are flexible; we’ll work with you to determine the best schedule. This role offers a ton of room for on-the-job learning and can grow into a full-time position. Gauge HQ is in Savannah, GA, and our Marketing team is located in the Charlotte, NC area. This position is open to remote candidates in the US; bonus points if you're local to Savannah or Charlotte.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage daily administrative tasks to keep the Marketing department running smoothly
- Gather and analyze consumer behavior data (e.g. web traffic and rankings)
- Help develop and create reports on marketing and sales metrics, like conversion rates
- Assist with organizing promotional events
- Coordinate with the Marketing, Design, and Content teams to create advertising material (e.g. newsletters, whitepapers, webinars)
- Keep organized records of marketing metrics and results of past campaigns
- Monitor competitors’ marketing activities
- Collaborate with team members to maintain, improve, & document Marketing team processes, tools, and department growth
- Contribute to the Gauge blog
- Assist the Marketing & Partnerships Director with other projects & responsibilities as needed
All Gauge team members need:
- A deep level of care about the quality of your work and how it reflects on your character
- Strong self-management practices with meticulous attention to detail
- A natural tendency to be proactive and take the lead in solving problems as you find them
- A hunger for personal and professional growth
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), tact, professional vulnerability, and other leadership skills needed to coordinate and facilitate healthy, disciplined teamwork
- Humor and professional self-confidence
A Gauge Marketing Associate needs:
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Associate, Marketing Assistant, or similar role
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools like WordPress and Mailchimp
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing
- Experience with SEO/SEM campaigns
- Proficiency with Mac OS X
- Solid familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Suite tools (Sheets, Documents, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with a goal-oriented attitude
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Knowledge of Social Ads and Mailchimp (and any other relevant industry certifications)
- Experience in an agency setting or with knowledge & service businesses
- Experience in tech, eCommerce, or retail industries
Physical Requirements (in compliance with ADA)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office machinery
- Must be able to coordinate, lead, and communicate accurately and clearly via email, video conference, and phone calls
- Must be able to detect, recognize, and assess flaws, color issues, bugs, and changes on websites
- Must be able to travel to Gauge main offices in Savannah at least once per quarter, and to travel for position- or department-related learning events, networking events, and client meetings as needed
- Growth: This is a part-time position with a strong potential for growing into a full-time position.
- Schedule Flexibility: We'll work with you to determine the best schedule
- Paid Holidays: Gauge offers 9 predetermined paid holidays for all employees
- Professional Development: A company-wide focus on professional development, including paid certifications and learning initiatives, on-the-clock learning time, company book clubs, and more
- Tons of other perks, like open, transparent leadership, no-bull no-politics culture, team social times, awesome equipment, and more